Proposal for Better Pakistan
All the corrupt and criminal politicians must be taken on to task under Article 62 & 63 till they prove them selves innocent. Also after removing the people who are under charges a National Government by providing proportional representation to all the Political Parties according to the previous election results be provided and only the credible ones be given portfolios and then on one hand accountability across the board in accordance with law and on the other hand reformulation of Constitution is required and it must be shifted from Parliamentary to Presidential form of democracy as in America, which must demonstrate separation of powers and role of all the three piers of state i.e. Legislative body, Executive and Judiciary having all full powers and check of every two over the third.
Also the mechanism of induction in judiciary is to be reframed in accordance to the procedure laid down in JAC (Judicial Appointment Commission UK).
Also the mechanism of JAC must be adopted in every selection on merit at every level. Then right sizing of all the system, remunerations be logical, right person on merit to be placed on right job and writ of law be established. Then it can be predicted that the right people to lead be produced automatically by the passage of time as present system can never produce better leadership.
Also the monitory values every one has within Pakistan and out side which after thorough and fair investigation and trial proves to be unjustified, must be nationalized and the person is to be black listed for any concern to government and all such accountability must start at least from 1971 when west Pakistan was separated. Accountability of all but the priority must be from top to bottom and importance of institutions.
The issues to be addressed on priority are not;
- The Police culture.
- The Patwari culture.
- The health issues.
- The education issues.
- The terrorism.
- The issue of tax.
- The electricity.
- The busses and trains.
But the most important issues to be addressed are as per follows;
- The system to be corrected, by change of Constitution mainly and then reforms in all the subordinate laws.
- The qualitative leadership.
- The indiscriminate and qualitative justice to be ensured first by the Government and then by Judiciary, also reforms in Judicial system.
- Right sizing of system.
- Right person to be on right job, selection method as per laid in JAC UK, to be adopted in all merit based selections.
- Accountability across the board.
- Remunerations in every field are to be rationalized as per well convinced logics based on needs, society, rates etc. to bring the Public sector out of corruption by compulsion.
- The system to be made logical to ultimately produce logical results.
- De-Politicization of whole of the Public Sector and Government machinery.
Rest all will automatically be corrected in result by the time.
We as a nation want prosperous, dignified, strong Pakistan. And it may be lead by any better Pakistani having at least following qualities;
- Fear of Allah.
- Intention to be good in comparison.
- Capability and credibility.
- Democratic in approach.
- Ensure justice at every level and be able to ensure writ of law.
- Improve system.
- Right size the system.
- Place right person on right job through fair mechanism and may follow the guide lines laid in JAC UK.
- Having value of time.
- Possess value of competence and abilities.
- Possess value of hard work.
- Ensure merit and fair accountability.
- Difference between right and wrong must be very clearly established.
What is desired for our nation and country simply are as per follows;
- A better person by integrity, patriot, dignified of good character and capabilities and Pakistani to lead Nation.
- A better system to deliver.
- Writ of law, accountability, merit, justice, peace, prosperity, opportunities to be ensured.
It does not matter that who the Pakistani does so.
- Present democracy is not a democracy but a system of jungle, might is right, corruption, crime and non accountability, leakages unanswered does not mean that we are having democracy.
- We need quality of life with integrity which must ensure peace of mind, justice, safety, integrity and prosperity of Pakistan which may be provided by any better Pakistani.
- Regarding the Civil Services of Pakistan
“For peanut remunerations only the services of monkeys can be had but for competent people to serve the remunerations must be logical and more than market based along with segregation and filtration to take place and all the people who are incompetent and corrupt must be thrown out to improve the set up of Civil Services in the best interest of Nation and public at large”.
Engr. Kamran Hafeez Chohan
B.Sc. Civil Engineer & LLB
Advocate High Court
Brick By Brick,
Legal Consultancy & Services,
Chamber No. 10, Street No. 5,
Qamar Anayat Raja Block,
Cell # 03009509948 / 03438821700 / 03131226888